C) Complete the sentences using ‘ WHEN’ or ’ WHILE’. (5 x 4 = 20 pts)
1) …………………..……I opened the door, a friend was sitting there.
2) …………………………… they were going shopping, they had an accident.
3) We found a website about cartoons …………………….. we were surfing the Net.
4) ………………………Paul and Andy heard a sound, they were watching a horror film.
5) Tom was looking out of the window …………………..…. the accident happened.
E) Circle the correct one (2x 8:16)
1. I couldn’t attend the meeting this morning because I have to / had to take my car to the mechanic.
2. You have to / don’t have to tell me your number if you don’t want to.
3. I am an excellent player. I can / can’t beat you.
4. He was phoning all the way from Madrid, but I could / couldn’t hear him very clearly.
5. I didn’t have to / had to get up early yesterday morning because the company was on strike.
6. .I got there in good time, so I could / couldn’t help Mary get everything ready.
7. If you want to be a vet, you don’t have to / have to learn about animals.
8. You could / can see the sky from your bedroom window
A.Read the text
Adele is one of the most famous singers in the world. She is from UK and she was born in 1988. Her songs, ‘Rolling in the deep, Skyfall and Hello’ are popular in many countries.
Adele is a very beautiful woman. She has got a pretty face, with green eyes and long blonde hair. Adele’s body isn’t like most singers’ bodies. She isn’t thin and she hasn’t got a model’s legs. But this isn’t a problem for Adele. She likes her body, she doesn’t feel bad about what people sometimes say and write about her appearance. ‘’I don’t make music for eyes, I make music for ears’’ she says.
Answer the questions. (10P)
Read the paragraph and do the test(Soruları paragrafa gore cevaplayınız.) (4×5=20Points)
Hi, my name is Bear Grylls. My job is documentary film-making. I travel all over the world especially jungles, forests and try to survive there. Then, I live there shortly and make documentary films and show them to people, my fans. You know my youtube channel, too. Let me talk about my last summer. It was fantastic but I promise I didn’t eat any insects
Last summer, I went to Peru to see Machu Pichu.It was my childhood dream and I always wanted to go there. It was a wonderful trip because I planned everything carefully before I started my journey. First of all, I bought my green backpack, plane tickets for my workers and good mobile phone( smart one) to share my travel photos and stories for my fans. I didn’t book a tour because I learned a lot of things from different blogs. After I arrived in peru, I felt so excited and happy. The tribal people were warm and friendly and helped me a lot during my trip. After I stayed there 3 months, I came to the USA, my homeland. I advise you guys that do not do what I do. I am a professional and I know what to do in some dangerous times. You just watch me a lot and enjoy it.
C) FILL IN THE BLANKS WITH “some&any” , “a few&a little” , “much&many&a lot of”. (4×5=20 points)
1) There isn’t ____________ (much / many / a lot of) tea in the cup.
2) There aren’t ____________ (much / many / a lot of) pencils on the table.
3) There are ____________ (a few / a little) eggs in the fridge.
4) There is ____________ (a few / a little) coke in the cup.
5) There aren’t ____________ (some / any) museums in this town.
A) Read the text and answer the questions (5×3=15 pts) (parçayı okuyunuz ve soruları cevaplayınız)
Ludwig van Beethoven was a composer. He was born on December 16th, 1770 in Bonn, Germany. Beethoven grew up in Bonn. He wasn’t a very happy child. Beethoven’s father was an alcoholic and he behaved badly to him. When Beethoven was twelve, he was earning money by composing music and playing organ. He never married. In 1792 Beethoven moved to Vienna. He had nine symphonies. And he lost his hearing from third symphony to ninth one. Beethoven died on March 26th, 1827.
1) Where did he grow up? ________________________________________________________
2) Was he single? _______________________________________________________________
3) Which instrument did he play? ____________________________________________________
4) How many symphonies did he have?_________________________________________________
5) How old was he when he moved to Vienna?____________________________________________
A)What do you do at an airport? Read the sentences and put them in the correct order.(14pts)
Check in your luggage and get a boarding pass.
Arrive at the airport.
Check the departures board for your gate number.
Wait in the departure lounge.
Go through passport control.
Board the plane.
Get a trolley for your luggage.